Wednesday, November 30, 2011
I arrived in Zagreb, Croatia -- BRRRR!
I made it safely on the flight and landed in a foggy Zagreb, Croatia this afternoon. The air was so cold that we form little clouds around our faces as we breathe. The Mission President and his wife, President and Sister Rowe, are wonderful and very welcoming.
I am currently sitting in the mission home in the center of downtown Zagreb amongst all of their famous buildings and statues. I've already seen one Elder I knew from the MTC and am looking forward to the drive up to Slovenia tonight. My first area will be in a city named Maribor, which is the second largest city in Slovenia and right up [next to] the Alps just below Austria and Hungary. I've been told they have a heavy Austrian accent there. My first companion will be Sister Oakley about whom others rave so I am terribly excited to meet her.
I am exhausted, naturally, but that comes with the territory and all the excitement of being here is keeping me awake. I already had my first interview with the mission president and am leaving just about . . . now! I love you all! I will write again soon.
z moj ljubezen,
- I arrived in Zagreb, Croatia -- BRRRR!
- Sestra Ary's mailing address & postal rates
- A NOTE FROM MADELEINE’s MOM:
- I leave for Slovenia TOMORROW!
- Knocking on doors, teaching about Christ and actua...
- Week 10: In our nation's capitol and AMAZING thing...
- Week 9: I'm almost to Slovenia, w/ a detour to Was...
- BIG NEWS: Departing 6 A.M. on Fri 11/4 for.....D.C...
- Week 8: My last week at the MTC (sort of...maybe) ...
- ▼ November (9)